4 cups of Jasmine rice
2 medium size onion preferably sweet onions
2 large cloves of Garlic
Scotch bonnet pepper (Optional)
12oz can tomato paste
14.5oz can diced tomatoes 0r 2 large fresh diced tomatoes
1 medium size Green bell pepper
1/2 cup Cooking oil
2 tsp of curry powder
1 tbsp ground black pepper
Seasoning of your choice ( bullion, or all-purpose seasoning, or season salt)
- Blend onions, bell pepper, scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, ginger, and oil together and set aside.
- Heat a pan and add the onion mixture in the pan and let it simmer for about 6 minutes or until it’s golden brown stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir into the onion mixture and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes
- Add curry powder, black pepper, seasoning, and salt and leave to simmer for few minutes. Notes you can double the seasoning or make it a little salty since rice will be added to it.
- Add rice to the sauce and stir making sure it is mixed properly.
- Add 1cup of water to the rice. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for about 45 to 60 minutes stirring occasionally.
Serve with, Broiled chicken legs and green beans.