In Ghana, we call this dessert “pancakes,” but it also reminds me of crepes. This dessert is so easy to make and its one of Ghanaians go-to dessert or breakfast. It can be eating with ice cream, Nutella, fruit preservatives or just by itself. What makes this different from crepes is the amount of sugar in the “pancake”. Enjoy!
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon butter
I cup whole milk
Sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Oil for frying, preferably coconut oil
Pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except oil.
- Blend until it thoroughly mixed and it’s slightly runny.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with oil.
- Pour or scoop a small amount of pancake batter into the heated skillet making sure the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook crêpe for about 2 minutes on each side. Or until it’s golden brown.